Mmmmm, did someone rename me daddy warbucks when I wasn’t looking, because someone is pulling a fast one, and that someone is EA Mythic. Have a look at these prices and tell me that someone didn’t take a leap of high cliff and smack the common sense totally out of their heads.
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning proudly introduces an all new service for our players; Account Entitlements! These services are available now for purchase from the EA store and include the following features offered at special introductory prices:
- Server Transfer – $19.99 USD, this will grant you a code that can be redeemed for one server transfer for a single character.
- Starter Mount Pack – $8.99 USD, all characters on an account will receive a deed to obtain a mount usable at level 2 giving players a 25% speed boost and have a 100% chance to dismount upon damage.
- Trusty Mount Pack – $9.99 USD, all characters on an account will receive a deed to obtain your choice of a new mount usable at level 20 giving players mounts of up to 60% speed boost and have a 55% chance to dismount upon damage
- Trinkets of the World Pack – $4.99 USD, all characters on an account will receive two tokens to spend at the new Trophy Vendor in the capital cities. Each token can be used to purchase one of 14 different trophies.
- Specialized Training Pack – $9.99 USD, all characters on an account will recieve one War Tract that will allow them to immediately advance one full level when used
- Herald Pet Pack – $9.99 USD, all characters on an account will be granted adoption papers to the Snotling Herald vanity pet. This pet will follow you around and give you a boost!
Ah, now I realise, it must be April fools day and I’m the fool. Not impressed. God knows what they’ll want for the two RvR Packs, my house, the sacrifice of my first-born? What makes me laugh the most, is that they think they’re doing me a favour at these low low prices. I’m really struggling to see if any of these items justify the prices being asked. Mmmm. No.
Just remember they’re special introductory prices, so they will go up, unless my grasp of the english language has totally left me. You know what, I don’t care if that’s the going rate for this stuff in other games, which are probably F2P, we are still paying subscriptions last time I heard, so unless Mythic are going that extra step to F2P, then please set the prices at a reasonable level.
I swear that there aren’t many companies that have the innate ability to shoot themselves in the foot so professionally. They really should hire themselves out to the local circus, they’d make a killing.