I’ve got be honest, but the changes unveiled here have actually impressed me. Points I like:-
1. It’s 24 vs 24, so a group of 6 can have an impact instead of being swallowed up in the general zerg.
2. A bit of planning can go a long way, which is nice. It does mean though, that the unorganised will be punished quite badly.
3. Spineless scenario jumpers will be penalised. Yes you out there, grow a backbone and fight it out.
4. Becoming a champion was a nice touch. Could we have the champions slightly bigger than the rest of unchampioned AKA the riff raff. As any man will tell you, size IS important, even if it’s only virtual.
5. I like that the control points have a bonus effect in stage 3.
I would have liked to have seen some kind of mechanism to reward a successful defense, by granting your city immunity for a certain period (Is this already in the game?). But I suppose at the beginning people will want to hammer the hell out of each others cities. This will pretty much move the action into the cities during a city seige, which I believe is the point. No more, oh shit another city seige, which lowbie character needs work today.
I’m not sure how important the scoreboard is going to be, but it would have been nice to have everything in place before this is rolled out.
As with any changes which involved the humans, you can only go so far with trust, a trust that they aren’t going to exploit the hell out of an inconsistencies that they may find. I can only hope we finally get an end game experience that we have so sadly been lacking for so long. Only time will tell if this is what the majority have been seeking.
Nice job Mythic. Bah Humbug.