I’d like to ask you a serious question. How hard can it be to take a keep with a warband and no defenders? Let me answer on your behalf. Bloody hard, if last nights pitiful attempt at taking 3 keeps in Tier 2 on Karak Norn, is anything to go by. I’m surrounded by idiots. Maybe that’s a bit harsh, maybe it’s just a couple who are wielding their god given stupidity like a two-handed axe. Lets list a couple of my favourite ones from the evening.
1. Pets not being on passive within the keep and pulling the Lord.
2. Walking past the lord hall on an elf keep, in such a manner as to pull the lord and all the guards. I grant you, that’s actually easy to do with the elf keeps and their narrow walkway around the edge of the lords room.
3. Warband leader not picking a MA. So no real focus fire happening.
4. People not listening to the warband leader.
5. Using AOE abilities in situations not conducive to AOE.
6. People moaning about people being noobs, without educating them as to why their not being to helpful at the moment. This one really annoys me, when people do this. This is hardly going to get people to embrace the game, if you make them feel like idiots.
EDIT 7. Why aren’t we getting heals/rezes quicker = Only 2 healers in the warband. The number of people who don’t do a healer count prior to coming out with this statement. Again this one came out that night. I’m a bit disappointed I forgot this little gem.
And yes before you ask, by the start of the 2nd keep I asked people to beware their use of AOE and pet agro.
As you can imagine, it was a less than satisfying evening, which by the end had me dreading my next 24 character levels.
To top off this week so far, I was chewing through a pack of Rowntrees hard gums while watching 2012 and cracked a large piece off one of my molars. I can already imagine that the ensuing pain at the dentists will far surpass those 3 failed keep takes. If you can afford to wait, catch 2012 on DVD/BluRay, that will be less painful as well.
Mood = Very Depressed.